I am excited to announce our Goodmama Giveaway winner. I am also super proud of myself for closing comments on the post at exactly noon yesterday. I’m always an hour or two behind because I get busy. And forget. It’s like I have kids and deadlines or something. Anyway, I ran the numbers (102 comments/entrants) this morning through random.org and got our winner.
Congratulations to Lucy from Macy Fron! (Seriously? Go look at this post of hers and see the absolute cuteness of the little girl who will be rocking a Fire Crew print in style.) I hope to see pictures of little Greta representing the Fire Family in her winning diaper!
For those of you interested in becoming Goodmama users, as many of you mentioned on the post, I have a few tips.
1. Not sure Goodmama will work for you and thus unsure if you want to spend the money on a brand new one? Go ahead and visit Spot’s Corner and look for some that are in EUC (Excellent Used Condition) or VGUC (Very Good Used Condition). As Goodmama is now an in-stock store, sellers have brought their prices down greatly. Some HTF (Hard to Find) prints are still being sold at prices even I won’t pay but, for the most part, you can get your hands on an OBV (Organic Bamboo Velour) for a very reasonable price.
2. Realize that you get what you pay for… meaning? These are of a great quality.
3. Also realize that these are one size. LittleBrother started in Goodmamas around two-and-a-half months (born at 7lbs, 7oz) and will be able to use them through his diapering career. Perhaps you’re thinking, “So?” Well, as an example, the other brand we use, Fuzzi Bunz, now sells for (not on sale) $17.95. Not being one sized, we have already had to purchase mediums. Eventually, if LittleBrother ever grows, we will have to purchase large. For the three sizes needed, we will actually spend more on Fuzzi Bunz than we will on Goodmamas. Just saying. It’s a great investment.
4. For Goodmamas to be waterproof, they do need a cover. We use Thirsties (though we have not tried the new version) or wool when he’s wearing clothes. Wool is a great investment, let me tell you. We’ve also been known to use fleece covers as well. Some people ask why you’d cover up a cute print like that but, well, why do you wear pants over cute underwear? Furthermore, we’re often coverless and pantsless (with Babylegs on in the winter) around these parts. We don’t find it to be an issue.
5. If you’re interested in winning one of your own diapers, keep an eye on the diaper list over at the official Goodmama photo contest and enter one week. I’d love to see your little one on the Goodmama site!
Thank you all for taking the time to enter, link and tweet about our contest. I’ve enjoyed getting to know some of you and hope that you enjoyed participating. I won’t be giving another Goodmama diaper away before Christmas (oh, budgets!) but I do see another one in the Stop, Drop & Blog future!